– Biography of Daniel V. Cota, Esq.:
· Accomplished attorney with a strong background in criminal defense and family law.
· Handling all types of complex felony, misdemeanor, and traffic ticket cases, as well as all types of family law cases throughout Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, and San Bernardino, Riverside, and San Diego Counties. Handled over 700 criminal and family law matters since admission to the bar in 2005.
– Admissions: Licensed to practice in California and the United States District Court, Central District of California
· Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Juris Doctor, 2005
Honors: Dean’s Honors List
Law Review: Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review,
Chief Research Editor
· University of California, Riverside, Bachelor of Arts, 2002 (Cum laude)
Honors: Dean’s Honors List, Chancellor’s Honors List
– Memberships: Mexican American Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Santa Barbara Bar Association
-Se Habla Espanol
“I was arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon in Pasadena. I had gone to a night-club and was hit over the head with a bottle. I suffered a concussion, was bleeding, and had to get stitches. However, the person that hit me was with several friends and they all lied to the police. Thus, I was the one that was arrested and charged in Los Angles County Superior Court, Pasadena Courthouse with Assault with a Deadly Weapon, under Penal Code § 245 (a)(1). I hired an attorney with over 35 years experience, but that was a big mistake. The attorney charged me a lot of money, did not keep in contact with me, did not conduct any investigation, did not appear in court and instead sent another attorney to appear for him, and encouraged me to plead guilty and accept being placed on probation. However, this was unacceptable, as I was the victim! Thus, I fired my former attorney and hired attorney Daniel V. Cota. Mr. Cota kept in constant contact with me, started his investigation immediately, and fought very hard for me. At the conclusion, all charges were dismissed! Thank you Mr. Cota for all of your hard work and for doing what was necessary to get me the best result and to achieve justice!